Staffegy is looking for an Accounting Assistant to assist our nonprofit client in Albany, NY with maintaining financial information.
Responsibilities will include;
- Accounts Payable: Review all invoices and expense reports. Using Excel, prepare vouchers including assigning codes to allocate expenses to the correct general ledger account, program and initiative. Obtain payment approval and enter vouchers into Quickbooks. Process invoices for payment when due. Print and mail checks. Maintain accounts payable files.
- Payroll: Prepare a bi-weekly work sheet to report payroll information to payroll service. Monitor employee use of paid time off.
- Cash receipts: Record receipts on Excel spreadsheet, prepare deposits and record in Quickbooks.
- Bank Statements: Reconcile all bank statements. Research discrepancies and make any necessary adjusting entries to the general ledger.
- Accounts Receivable: Issue invoices for service contracts.
- Event Registration: Maintain event database to ensure accuracy of information, answer email inquiries as needed.
- Miscellaneous: Maintain month-end schedules. Various administrative tasks including filing, ordering and research and analysis as required.
We are looking for someone with an accounting background, especially in accounts payable and receivable. Excel and Quickbooks experience is preferred. Any experience in nonprofits, especially social services, whether accounting experience or not, is definitely helpful.
What You Can Expect When You Apply
We appreciate you taking the time to contact us, so it’s important to let you know what happens next. When your resume is received, a Staffegy Recruiter will review it as soon as possible to see if you would be a potential fit for this position, or for similar openings we may have available. If so, you will hear from us within 48 hours. If there isn’t a good match right now, your resume will be in our database and we will reach out when appropriate opportunities become available.
Staffegy is a recruiting and staffing agency headquartered in Latham, NY, providing talent acquisition solutions to organizations across the US. With the flexibility and personal touch of a boutique agency, we strive to provide the highest level of service to both client companies and candidates. We welcome and encourage any feedback you have regarding your experience as a candidate.