Staffegy is hiring for a Systems Engineer in Albany, NY. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity with a technology service provider.
The Systems Engineer will help design, implement, and support customer infrastructure and systems and provide escalation support to internal resources as needed. The Engineer will also;
- Monitor and tune customer networks for optimal security and performance.
- Provide planning, implementation and support for customers’ local and wide area networks, servers, SANs, and virtual environments.
- Meet regularly with customers, peers and managers to assess ongoing projects.
- Create technical documentation.
- Establishes daily priorities and respond to customer requests.
- Document consulting activities for billing and reference purposes.
- Serve as an escalation resource for all matters related to IP networking.
- Maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all company and customer information assets.
What You Can Expect When You Apply
- IP networking experience
- Experience installing and administering supported Microsoft Server platform
- Virtualization experience installing and administering VMware vSphere Hypervisor and vCenter Server environments
- Certified Cisco Networking Professional (CCNP), or equivalent
- Experience with the configuration, installation and maintenance of Layer 2/3 network switches, Routers, Wireless Access Points & Controllers, and Firewalls
- Experience with cloud-based productivity software including O365 and g suite
- Expert understanding of network and routing protocols.
- Project management and planning experience
- Excellent communication skills, ability to multitask and deliver professional services independently as well as with a team
- Do what-ever-it-takes attitude
- Valid driver’s license
We appreciate you taking the time to contact us, so it’s important to let you know what happens next. When your resume is received, a Staffegy Recruiter will review it as soon as possible to see if you would be a potential fit for this position, or for similar openings we may have available. If so, you will hear from us within 48 hours. If there isn’t a good match right now, your resume will be in our database and we will reach out when appropriate opportunities become available.
Staffegy is a recruiting and staffing agency headquartered in Latham, NY, providing talent acquisition solutions to organizations across the US. With the flexibility and personal touch of a boutique agency, we strive to provide the highest level of service to both client companies and candidates. We welcome and encourage any feedback you have regarding your experience as a candidate.