Staffegy has a 12 month (with likely extension) contract SharePoint Administrator opportunity with a Federal Agency located in Albany, NY.
This individual will redesign and program the internal Microsoft SharePoint site and assist with other ways to improve automation using Adobe Acrobat documents, Microsoft Word templates, and other tools to improve workflow processes in the organization.
The primary tasks will be to plan, design, and create a robust SharePoint environment for a large organization;
- Meet with management and employees to discuss the SharePoint environment needs and then plan, design, test, implement, and debug that SharePoint environment until it meets the needs. This will be an iterative process. The SharePoint Administrator will make recommendations on system and information architecture, security considerations, and governance. Must have the aptitude to analyze and understand the work processes and build a SharePoint environment that facilitates them. This will include creating custom forms, custom lists, document libraries, calendars, and other SharePoint features, including SharePoint add-ins, and creating custom SharePoint content.
- Train employees on how to use the SharePoint environment and develop training materials for employees, including graphical presentations and manuals.
- Create documentation for administering the SharePoint environment for IT personnel.
The secondary tasks will be to work with management and employees to identify ways to improve office automation through, in addition to SharePoint, Microsoft Word templates, Adobe Acrobat forms, Microsoft Teams, and other online collaborative tools. The SharePoint Administrator will provide recommendations and advice about ways to improve workflows through software. The individual will then implement those recommendations through applications to improve workflow and enable employees to improve processes so that attorneys spend more time generating work product and less time managing data and attending to administrative issues.
The tertiary tasks will be, on an as needed basis, to provide assistance with routine IT issues, including troubleshooting PCs and other electronic equipment, and providing assistance to end users experiencing software issues. The SharePoint Administrator will also assist with the organization of voluminous documents for efficient retrieval through automated means such as processing ESI, scanning, indexing, and production of documents into a database and delivery to third parties.
- Three years (3) experience planning and designing Microsoft SharePoint environments
- Experience using SharePoint Sites, Custom Workflows, and Document Libraries
- Experience using tools like Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft SharePoint Designer, Microsoft InfoPath or Microsoft PowerApps to create forms
- Experience establishing documentation for operation of SharePoint environments
- Experience with graphical design, including creating custom graphics
- Experience understanding workflow processes and translating them to SharePoint
- Experience with collaborative tools like Microsoft Teams
- Team player with logical problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communications skills