The Financial Analyst is a new role within our client’s organization, drawing from responsibilities previously fulfilled by other finance & accounting team members. Given the volume of data modeling and analysis necessary to support their growth, this new role has been created. The Financial Analyst will responsible for collecting, organizing, analyzing and interpreting the data used in the formulation of the organization’s annual budget, cost reports, financial forecasting and statistical analysis. The candidate of choice should enjoy solving complex business problems using financial indicators and data analysis.
Financial Modeling Responsibilities
- Collaborate with management to perform data mining in the creation of key performance indicators, business development models, scenario analysis and forecasting.
- Collaborate with management to formulate the annual budget, including underlying rationale/justifications and maintaining documentation for historical purposes; performing research and investigating trends or performance.
- Collect data and track company fiscal performance using internal systems and worksheets and presents data in charts, graphs and tables for internal and external use including Committee meetings and Board meetings.
- Provide support for the senior management, and assist with special projects that require statistical analysis, complex multi-year forecasting models and data.
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
- Monitor, analyze and project cash flow; meet regularly with management to discuss cash forecasts.
- Work closely with management in analyzing and interpreting company fiscal data, monitoring variances, identifying trends and recommending actions to management.
- Review financial statements for completeness and accuracy and conducts analysis on actual results versus budgets or forecasts.
Other Financial Responsibilities
- Develop comprehensive yet practical models, forecasts and scenarios for financial planning, analysis and strategic decision-making.
- Build models to confirm new business opportunities and suggest actions to achieve desired outcomes.
- Create and maintain financial planning and budget monitoring models.
- Determine Return on Investment (ROI) for new and/or expanded business opportunities.
- Investigate variances in weekly payroll and billing reconciliation. Make recommendations for corrective actions as required.
- Update Finance Key Performance Indicators (KPI) weekly/monthly and upon request.
- Identify non-value-added processes within the department and seek solutions.
- Support management with strategic planning initiatives.
What You Can Expect When You Apply
- Three or more years of experience in a financial analysis or data analysis role involving extensive use of Excel for modeling.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Computer Science or related degree. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
We appreciate you taking the time to contact us, so it’s important to let you know what happens next. When your resume is received, a Staffegy Recruiter will review it as soon as possible to see if you would be a potential fit for this position, or for similar openings we may have available. If so, you will hear from us within 48 hours. If there isn’t a good match right now, your resume will be in our database and we will reach out when appropriate opportunities become available.
Staffegy, headquartered in the Albany, NY area, provides talent management solutions to organizations across the United States. Combining the flexibility and personal touch of a boutique firm with the resources and reach of a national organization, we strive to provide the highest level of service to both client companies and candidates. We welcome and encourage any feedback you have regarding your experience as a candidate.